How I mastered clean UI design

 How I mastered clean UI design

Tactical steps I took to design sleek Ul's. Learning from real apps will not only strengthen your design muscles but also increase your speed and make you a better designer! It's a very effective practice to copy real apps pixel-by-pixel and learn how they use the core principles of typography, colors, spacing, etc.

Let me know what do you think about this approach in the comments! I'll be happy to answer your questions and feedback.


Struggling with designing clean UI?
Copying real apps not only helps you master design skills but also help you learn how systems are used in big companies to design products.

Typography

Understanding what type-scales companies used helped me achieve a consistent hierarchy. Letter-spacing & line height made a huge difference too.

Medium


my favorite app to copy for perfect typography systems.

Spacing & Padding

Having a consistent and hierarchial spacing system for components and layouts gives your design a breath! I normally use a 4px spacing system.

Coinbase


no-doubt copying a fintech app will teach you all the spacing & padding practices!

By the way, if you want to trade with crypto check out Coinbase - Sign up now and get ₹738.13 of free Bitcoin when you buy or sell at least ₹7,381.31 of digital currency. Claim your invite now: https://www.coinbase.com/join/chaudh_i10w?src=android-share 

Color usage & accessibility

Getting to know what color to use when helped me to guide users to desired actions and design a sleek clean interface.

Shazam


my favorite app to copy color usage & accessibility best practices.

An extra step!

I copied real apps that have complex or tough layouts pixel-by-pixel to sharpen my design muscles. Added speed and system thinking in me!

Airbnb


complex but simple layouts practice can help you know the design system.

Bonus resource

Uber has their whole design system released for free on the Figma community... What's better than learning from the leading apps worldwide?

Uber Base Gallery


Copy real apps pixel-by-pixel

It will help you become a better designer in just a few weeks. Trust me.

Credit - Priyank Shah
Brought to you by - UI UX WORLDWIDE

0 Comments